Monday, August 4, 2008

Indian Restaurants

Well being in Singapore and not writing about the Diaspora of food delights that exist here is a big Crime. So as a true Singaporean (at least I will be while I am here), I will use this space to chat about some of the food joints that I visit from time to time.

Being an Indian, my family loves to eat out at these joints, so I thought of writing about couple of these places that I have been visiting in the past few months.

Rangoli (226 Pasir Panjang Road, Pasir Panjang Village Singapore 118586 ph (65) 6777 6413)
Reaching Here - it is a row of shophouses that stands at the junction of south buona vista road and pasir panjang road. since 1993, it has been slated as a conservation site by the URA.
Food – my favourites are Samosas, Palak Paneer, Mutton Kheema, Chapati, Yellow Daal.
Rating – Food (3/5); Service (3/5); Presentation 3/5)

Zurna (417 /419 East Coast Road (S) 429004 Phone number 63461550)
Reaching Here – Get down at Kembangan MRT, take the south exit, take a taxi, make a right into Jln Kembangan, drive down the Frenkel Road, till you reach the East Coast Crossing. Take a right here and the shop is on the first block on the right side.
Food – tried the Bengali specialities like “Kosha Mangsho” – the literally gravyless mutton, “Chingdi macher malai kari” – the prawn speciality, dal, amongst others.
Rating – Food (2.5/5) Very Spicy; Service (3/5); Presentation (2.5/5)
I hope people visiting my site have a dekko of these places to give me feedback on their experiences.

My next on list to visit is Chilly Code and Bawarchi.

No comments: